PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier GR3 Cockpit equipment Question
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2010, 08:49
Ivank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a Bump of this thread. If anyone has any diagrams of Manual reversion Symbology it would be great to see it.

Noprobs in your earlier response on mamual reversion you said:

"The honeycomb grill was, I think, just to keep sunlight out of the box, enabling the aiming symbol to be visible. The display in the sight was just a luminous vertical line and an adjustable-depression (red?) dot superimposed on it. In the HUD, selecting Rev gave you a fixed green vertical centre line. The release cue was a short horizontal line that could be set to the required depression in mils, using a numerical display. Before an attack, you would set the reversionary HUD symbol to the calculated required depression, then adjust the standby sight to look the same. As it is now at least 18 years since I looked at one of these bits of kit, let alone used it, this description is subject to the usual memory fade. If I find the necessary books (now, where did I put them?)"

When setting manual Reversion depression for the HUD what control was used ? Was it the Wingspan setting knob on the HUD controller panel ? Did you get a digital readout of Mills depression in the HUD ?
In manual reversion what was the Aircraft symbol in the HUD, Velocity vector type symbol or velocity vector symbol with 2 legs ? (similar to VSTOL symbol)

Sort of like this:

Last edited by Ivank; 13th Nov 2010 at 09:05.