PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CMC Flying School-Kenya
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2010, 13:43
skyhawk_heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up choosing a flying school

I completed my ppl and cpl in cmc in under a year with 250hours hands on experience, bush flying(solo hours) instrument approaches, and having well passed all exams. Having studied in different countries before flying I have come to the conclusion you need to find the motivation within yourself and you need to apply yourself completely, no school can do that for you, wherever you end up starting your training, only you can make it happen. I've seen people coming from other countries complaining about the studies there, and I've seen kenyan trained pilots shining in other countries. Granted, the facilities may not be the very best, but they are adequate.
.............although if you are able to meet the costs abroad then I guess it's okay, because you'll have better facilities, but when you're in the air you will realize flying is flying when you get down to it. It's like a friend once told me that kenyan's who studied under trees in the 50's and 60's became the greatest economists and doctors the world over and the kids who they now send to harvard are becoming.........drunks.
.......on a more sober note, move around, talk to people, weigh your options and make a decision(I know a guy who has been THINKING about flying for about 5years now), and once you get started things will become clearer and you will make more informed choices as you go along, because flying is a never ending college degree and experience is your lecturer.