PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 8th Nov 2010, 11:12
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snas:

It is an interesting issue but one that would be of concern only if the vote was close enough for those few militants who have been dismissed to have had their votes capable of making a difference in the outcome. Otherwise its a moot point.

Right now I don't think that Holley is thinking of what BA will do as much as he has been trying to manipulate around Unite. It is obvious that BASSA's conduct has been the subject of some discussion among the big guys and BASSA has received some rather firm instructions regarding their communications.

Unfortunately for Unite, Holley just can't help himself. Its almost laughable how little restraint this man has in the face of any critical commentary.

Perhaps Holley is hoping that the General Secretary election will go his way and a new, more militant Unite, will sweep in and save BASSA from this travesty of their own making.

I remain surprised that the BASSA membership can read these messages of disorganization and not demand improved representation.

Ancient Observer: Good luck with the counseling career. Keep office hours in a good sushi establishment and I might even spring for a session just for the fun of it.

...and I agree. There is a possibility that with Mr. Holley at the head there is simply no negotiated conclusion possible. Fascinating set of circumstances for BASSA and its members.