PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 8th Nov 2010, 11:05
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Joao is so right

Joao is so right...............

"There will be a large hole in the lives of some posters"

Those of us who have observed this dispute for the last couple of years will obviously have no life left if the dispute is ever resolved.

My immediate thought was to raise a subscription fund for bassa so that it could afford to continue to fight the good fight against BA and those others of a capitalist persuasion, who were repressing the working class CSDs with their continued accumulation of previously expropriated surplus wage labour, but then I realised that all the combatants, from the bassa branch sec and his Heritage CSDs through to the monumentally incompetent BA management shower were all very much better paid than me.

But maybe Joao has identified a new business opportunity for me. I should set up as a pprune counsellor, to counsel and give advice to those poor folk who become alienated from society and who suffer from anomie (Durkheim) if this dispute is ever resolved. (Thinks - I'll only charge 300 UKP/hour plus expenses. bassa and BA can afford that)

However, as baggersup has reminded us - follow the money. There is not much chance of my new business taking off, as the dispute will not end while the Branch sec is raking in between 5% and 8% of about 2 million UKP of subs.

Remind me when it does end. Counselling services - guaranteed outcomes, only 300 UKP /hour, and the first session at a special introductory offer of UKP 500/hour.