PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Momentum is building for industrial action
Old 8th Nov 2010, 08:54
Scoreboard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some info.

been thru the labor tribunal here in HK.....and was speaking to a solictor (who has been dealing with labor disputes in HK for now 16 years) that gave us guidance on matters pertaining to it. She was laughing about CX history with me but she made a very pointed statement at one point.

"with the labor tribunal now in place in HK you will never see a 49'er saga ever again."

Throw into the mix that cx has already lost its case(on appeal yes but basically a lost cause coming from the mouth of one of swire's close to the legal action).

So those dreading another star chamber.....don't quake in your boots it ain't happening.

As for work to rule.....all you dumbies should have been doing it for years....I still find gutless wonders who answer their crew direct or answer their phone.
But hey for the first time in over 3 years I am actually starting to get called on my days off to help crew control. Nice work by our new DFO mentioning he will go back to punitive rostering....again....moronic. Punitive rostering worked in the past cause it was more effective to work us into over time...aka we were cheaper per hour after we hit overtime. I say bring the punitive crap on....see how good flight ops budget will be after we eat up all that reserve, and we all go past 95 hours per month....

Why doesn't everyone realise that the requirement for sick note from doctor has gone from 1 day to 3 days out to 5 or more days off before you need one? Wasn't us....it was their insurance premiums going up. They demanded a sick note due industrial action when we all went sick.....but it couldn't be sustained....and as soon as we have come off the pedal these last 7 or so years they could reduce their premiums again by not demanding our doctor attendance. They bring it on again and it just hurts them in a round about way.