PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA security
Thread: GA security
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2010, 04:23
The PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geez, we can't win here in the Vegas of the West! Just a few months ago there were stories and criticism in quite a few of the national media outlets about lax security and the gate codes being available from airside and now people are having their say when measures are taken to protect the gate codes.....

Dubbo airport PIN taped to security gate | Herald Sun

Cec, I saw your letter to the editor in the local rag,and you made a (valid IMHO) point about lack of screening of passengers.then again,how often are passengers at your home airport of Armidale screened ? About as often as Dubbo passengers are.The arrangements in placein Dubbo today, while far from perfect, are as a direct consequence of the above newspaper article.

You weren't travelling with the helicopter driver we refused to let out of the terminal last week by any chance? My understanding is that he is also from Armidale.Dubbo City Council have given us very strict instructions if people other than our passengers want us to let them out of the terminal gates: we can't do it, even for people we personally know and have to ring the council airport manager to let them out.

Finally, why didn't yoo ring me to say yoo were coming through? You owe me a lunch!