PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 1st Nov 2010, 10:38
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the clause that is now so "contentious" was printed on every form requesting authority for ST.

Why, after forty years, is this suddenly such a surprise for the union?
It's incredible how bad they are. My first reaction was amazement on learning the union didn't have any idea about this condition of ST that has been clearly shown on the ST log-in page since way back when. Silly of me given how appallingly bad they've been throughout this dispute at getting the basics right.

It begs the question: what sort of lawyers do they have on their side who didn't scrutinize the conditions of ST before launching into litigation?

I had assumed the union and their lawyers knew about this condition but believed that ST had become a common law wife to the employment contract as well as a brazen workaround to the anti-disciplinary legislation covering the strikers. Some judges may yet find merit in that argument - stranger things have happened - but the union admission that they weren't aware of this condition hardly speaks of a legal team with their finger on the pulse.

And as a footnote, why am I not surprised that so many pro-strikers have got this far without having checked the terms and conditions of staff travel

Last edited by oggers; 1st Nov 2010 at 10:56.