PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour: Sunstate Engineers suspended over aircraft sabotage?
Old 30th Oct 2010, 05:27
Gas Bags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short Circuit,

You may have taken my statement out of context.

There is a big difference in the scenario you are suggesting, to ignore electrical arcing and the situation that has arisen here.

There can be no comparison in the negligence it would require to ignore a defect such as window heat light fickering accompanied by an electrical arcing smell, and the raising of defects in the log surrounding what could be construed by some as a political issue surrounding a possible design flaw in a CASA approved AD compliant modification such as the secure flight deck door in question.

It most certainly is going out on a limb when 6 different LAE's are involved in the same action surrounding a topic that had already become a politically charged item in the media.

The correct course of action is through the correct channels, the first of which is the respective QA department and its manager.

Again I will iterate that I am neither condoning or approving the actions taken, I am merely stating that there are ways and means to achieve goals and getting yourself suspended does not help.

GB