PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 28th Oct 2010, 09:40
Safety Concerns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sorry about my next comments but I have viewed this from a distance after earlier jumping in with both feet.

The one thing this whole thread isn't, is objective. This thread has become nothing more than a place for those who are fundamentally against industrial action and fundamentally against the BA situation to tell everybody so.

Those who may be in favour are quickly rounded upon and sent to Coventry. What purpose does such an imbalance serve?

Workers have come a long way since the slave labour conditions just over 150 years ago. Everything you have as a worker, including time to spend posting here has been achieved through unions. Nobody prefers striking to working just as nobody prefers war to peace.

However there are times when strikes and wars become necessary. If you don't accept that you are naive.

If I am honest about the BA situation I didn't know who was right. What I do know is that any company prepared to announce obnoxious pay rises for senior management when the company is apparently on its knees with a huge pension fund deficit is not behaving in a responsible manner.

What else amongst their statements isn't completely true?

I also question the motives of posters like Diplome with almost 500 posts 99% of them here and against the BASSA position. That is an unhealthy interest or perhaps there are other motives. Also the posting routine, few days posting, few days silence.

Anyway, the miners back in the 1970's knew their pits were going to be closed whatever they did. They also knew that the situation was immoral. Good, safe and productive pits were going to be closed because they couldn't compete with government subsidized european coal. Remove the subsidies and the coal was very competitive.

If I am going to be thrown out anyway under such circumstances I personally do believe in taking people with me. I totally support what the miners did because it hurt those whose pockets are lined with gold most of all.

Not one pair of levi jeans are now made in the USA, most are made in countries where posters here wouldn't work because of the conditions. The huge profits though still build mansions in California which are probably built by former Californian levi workers.

All I witness here apart from a few noticeable exceptions is an I'm all right jack attitude coupled with a perception that unions put that at risk.
As the profit news seems to highlights today, BA haven't been completely honest about impending doom and imminent shut down.

Who are the fools?