PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 27th Oct 2010, 12:17
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Closed Shop .. Yes / No

This closed shop discussion has provided me with some fascinating reading today, so thank you all for that. I’d personally fight tooth and nail before I was ever forced to be a member of anything but the Human race, and I sometimes wish I could opt out of that to be honest.

But, I also agree that a vocal and excitable majority of a minority, that choose to vote, deciding what happens, good or bad, for the majority is equally unappealing.

Rock and hard place clearly.

Alas however in this particular thread, relating to BASSA specifically, I don’t think that you, Litebulbs, are ever going to generate a killer argument in favour of closed shop memberships as this particular branch is so bloody awful, by just about every measure I can think of.

(Ask people on a beach infested with jellyfish if beaches are good)

It does rather handicap you I’m afraid. In another forum less specific perhaps you might generate more consideration of your point, in here I think you are buggered old bean..
and I therefore declare myself as a "no thanks" in the closed shop debate.

…and before people remind me that BASSA can’t be that bad as they are responsible for the T’s&C’s that CC now enjoy…. you are only as good as your last movie/album/match and yes negotiation with your employer even.