PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 00:27
chileno 777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can bring you the example of my gf, she is Brazilian and American, has over 300TT120ME (120 not 12), has most FAA endorsements, FAA and Brazilian CPL, more then 100 hours in technically advanced planes, is fluent in 4 languages, English level 6, graduate from the best flight school in the US with high grades. She has applied to about 30 companies all over Brazil and went in person to talk to the CP of most taxi aereo in our area. Her dad was a former Varig 747 capt and got her some contacts, but result NO JOB, what does it takes to get hired then??

Probably more TT or having the right (psychological) profile.

It is true that pilot job market is improving in Brazil but honestly speaking think that 300 hrs are still very low. Has she tried as a CFI?

Could you pls name what is the “best flight school of US’”? Who appointed it? Do not remember any official institution making a ranking of US flight schools.

BTW “high grades” usually (and unfortunately) do not make any difference to find a job in aviation. Most of the time is the TT & knowing the right people.

Last edited by chileno 777; 20th Oct 2010 at 01:03. Reason: gramma