PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Brazil
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 02:56
MORANTE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I´ve just readen what some of you have posted here and the only thing I can feel is sadness. It is not truth, that CFI´s in Brazil have no knowledge, it is not truth that you won´t have the opportunity to learn how to fly right here, though is also not truth that you won´t have a chance to get a job in aviation. I´m european, and got my private pilot license there, but I live in Brazil since the last year, when I decided to become a commercial pilot. I made here the complete course to obtain my CPL IFR MLTE license, and nearly all I can say is good from people, schools and things that I´ve learned.

I marriaged a brazilian girl 10 years ago and I´m about to get my "nationalization", since it is a must if you want to work here in aviation, at least legally.

For sure you will find better schools in the States, with better and newer planes, and probably better CFI´s, but I can assure you that you will also find the right people here in Brazil. I´ve learned a lot, flown lots of different planes, in intense weather conditions and the in best ones, and I´m very proud of the people that have helped me to become what I am now.

Pilots here know how to fly, of course in real IFR conditions, because in many cases the planes are old (60´s, 70´s, 80,s), specially in the schools, and
that´s something that improves their skills, needing to deal with more difficulties.

About the theoretical teaching, the programs meets ICAO´s requirements and you get a good aknowledege to get the tests passed.

Of course, living in Brazil is a step down in terms of life quality, security, health services, education and most of the good things what we are acostumed in our first world countries.

Sadly, to have a good friend when you need it is still the best way to get where you need or want, that´s how things works here.

Sorry for the people that is unable to find a job, it is not so difficult, it is more a question of determination. Obviously you have to work hard and do things that you don´t expected to do, and fly "things" that can scare you, but it is the way to achieve your objectives.

Good luck for all of you!