PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 22:58
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leo Hairy Camel - we are indeed honoured, nay humbled, by your participation in this gutter-level discussion on such mundane issues as easyJet seniority and future recruitment plans. I trust the Pikey Emporium is treating you well and that your Lord and Master, King Michael the Belligerent of Dublin holds you close to his bosom. As so often in the past, you made me roar with laughter and your contribution is indeed much appreciated by me at least!

Major - I really do not know what you are doing here, looking for an argument on just about any issue. Deeply impressed as we all are by your George Cross in the Cod War, DFC and Bar in the Third CAA Pilgrimage to Constantinople etc, not to mention the 65 years' loyal service to the Blind Horse Flying Association of Calcutta, it really is completely irrelevant to the discussion. Once we got onto the compliance with EU-OPS, I nearly had to take smelling salts to regain consciousness. I understand you do not like easyJet - that is absolutely fine, but even you must see it cannot be all bad here given the number of people champing at the bit to get in. For what it is worth, WWW is my mate and I actually think he speaks a lot of sense. I understand his style may not be to everyone's taste, but he is knowledgeable on a vast range of issues, both in and out of the industry. Give him a chance and he may even be able to participate in a sensible discussion on all the largely irrelevant issues you want to bring up.

Calypso - I note that Alexander de Meerkat (whose name you cannot even spell) seems to have been scared off and removed his quite informative post. I would hardly have called it state secrets, and his departure from the scene of battle is regrettable due to his apparent inside knowledge of what the real deal is on contracts etc. Nonetheless, I would like to encourage him to return in the future.

Doug the Head. Inspiring as your words are to the less informed, I am struggling to recall a single positive suggestion from you of any kind that would have prevented any of the abuses you so resent happening at easyJet. Your stated position is one of hating the ground easyJet was built on and that fundamentally we are all doomed. Anyone who stays here is a loser and anyone who sees any good in easyJet is just a management stooge. Real men should just slit their wrists in the cockpit to punish easyJet for existing. Try as I might, I have yet to see one single sensible suggestion from you as to a credible course of action in your dealings with the company. Should we just bankrupt easyJet to show 'them' just how bad things are? Yes - let's do that as that would show them. I am looking for concrete, credible suggestions. I will strike like anyone else for the right reason - and there have been a number of them. What I will not do is bring down the company just because we can - that is utter insanity.

737Jock - very interesting discussion about the French etc. I think there may be some merit in your argument. I certainly will be in discussion with our BALPA reps about a more united front.

This thread has run its course for me. There are some serious knuckleheads here who seem unable to grasp the essence of the discussion. The bottom line is that we will fight tooth and nail to prevent DECs as long as we have promotable FOs - a concept that exists in every other respectable airline of note. Whether we need them or not will be seen in the next year or so - my firm belief is we will not and should not give into the alleged need to do so if it is presented to us. Thanks for the chat guys - but I must return back to my lair to attend to more pressing matters.