PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Documentation of every Luftwaffe Loss in UK
Old 17th Oct 2010, 08:54
Timothy

Sub Judice Angel Lovegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Documentation of every Luftwaffe Loss in UK

I have recently come across a teacher who has inherited a family collection, which he describes thus:

..."Fallen Eagles" collection that is now in my family's keeping after his recent death.

It is a fasinating collection of detailed records of every Luftwaffe aircraft which crashed in the UK during the Second World War that took him most of his life to put together. The 3 examples below are from early October 1940.

Each aircraft has several photos, usually with the negatives.

The collection covers the entire war period and I believe it to be only aircraft lost on British soil. There are 6 volumes (A4 lever arch). Any ideas of the best place for it would be great as I have no expertise in this area so I don't even know if it is a rare thing or not. The detail is quite superb though and I imagine someone would love to see it exhibited perhaps?
I believe that an attempt (though I don't know how determined) was made to get IWM/Duxford to take an interest, but they didn't.

I would have thought that this collection would be very valuable to a serious historian, museum or collection, so ideas on a postcard please...