PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pelair Vic B200 Ambo - How Much $$$?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2010, 00:17
scarediecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's been previously stated in the thread is pretty close to the offer Pelair have proposed to the current pilot group. They have also made the cunning move of dangling a carrot to those who stay for at least 12 months. I reckon there will be up to 10 who will stay on. It is true working for a "non profit" organisation like the RFDS there is a nice little tax break. Much to the annoyance of other competing organisations I guess. Its part of the reason everyone was alittle shocked and bewildered how Pelair was able to tender a winning bid. 18 pilots!!! I would like too see that. It would make our roster very nice. Maybe its Pelair's attempt to make the job more enticing for the right people. And the right people is who they need to find. So what if there are new aircraft too fly. In the end you still need to fly single pilot, 24/7, into alot of different places. And what occurs in the back isnt every one's cup of tea. In my opinion it is an easy job and a hard job not forgetting that darn simulator either.