PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2010, 02:26
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stansdead like Ashling I am not unsympathetic to your position. It may well be that you a competent, capable bloke - that is not the issue. EasyJet has so much going for it, despite some incredibly frustrating and largely unnecessary failings that could so easily be ironed out. Our world has improved considerably with the arrival of a new CEO and her removal of our dire Ops Director. Therefore, you are right to want to come here, because it has much to commend it compared to other airlines around. Nonetheless, we simply cannot be in the business of helping DECs fulfil their ambitions as long as we have any promotable FOs available from our own ranks. We should not be embarrassed in any way to first and foremost look after our own guys before we consider those outside. I am not a betting man, but it is one of the safest bets I know that you will not be getting a DEC at easyJet. Reading your petulant demands for that Command at easyJet, which for reasons that escape me you believe is owed you, is a truly uninspiring sight. There are literally hundreds of top FOs in the queue before you, and there are some powerful people out there who will fight tooth and nail to ensure they get there before carpetbaggers like yourself.

Major Cleve Saville - No one is asking you to work for low cost carriers - I actually quite like it, but that is just a personal choice. By the way, your little references to me in your posts make you sound more and more like a stalker by the moment - it really is not considered good form to do that sort of thing on here old chap, but if that is what floats your boat then do carry on. I am delighted you want to work for your current employer and that is just great. And if people want to leave easyJet after a few years then that is great too. In the meantime those that stay just need to ensure they are not royally stuffed by Uncle Tom Cobbly and all, who want to jump their place in life's queue.

Regarding stansdead's very interesting question about CTC's requirement to fill upcoming 'UK and European DEC A320 positions', I am as intrigued as he is. I have heard that they have various non-easyJet contracts on the go, but I also know they are in ongoing discussions with the Company. This is the downside of easyJet - happy, smiling faces across the table chatting away nicely to BALPA reps about how we must all work together to make easyJet wonderful. In the meantime, the very same people are doing dirty deals over beer and sandwiches with CTC to stuff us completely. Time will tell, but if DECs are introduced in the current climate, then major industrial strife will occur. I believe Carolyn McCall is too clever to risk the excellent raport she is building with the pilots over a foolish and totally unnecessary dispute.