PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I love the recession!
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 20:40
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I managed to save a chunk towards my training but still needed a large loan to fund the rest. Without my parents support there wasn't a chance I could have done this. The loan wasn't entered into lightly and there were many difficult discussions before we went ahead. No emotional blackmail took place.....any hint of that and my folks would have slapped me into next week!

As far as "gambling on my parents home". It was never a gamble because of the important business plan that accompanied my application. The loan application form took an hour. My business plan that went along with it took 3 weeks! The key has always been to assess the realistic ability of making the demanding repayments at the end no matter what the pilot jobs market. Have a plan B and C (and plan B and C is NOT run to mummy and daddy for money!!!)....it's not really a gamble. Having only a plan A ie train, qualify and get a job within a few months is the really dangerous gamble and those are the ones that should be shot for being so flippant with their parents home.

Just my thoughts. We all get there in different ways and I'm not going to apologise for borrowing money to train. I can service the debt and that's what really matters.

Evening All

2W2R