PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 11:45
Superpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I won't get the plane there quicker or make them more money by me flying over a low hour cadet. The conversation might be a bit more interesting for the Capt and my landing might be consistently better (don't count on it!!) But 99.9999999% of the time it simply doesn't matter and th people in the back don't know, they save money and get the same outcome for half the cost. Like i say it guts me to write it and it is so frustrating that experience actually now disadvantages you from getting a job.....
100% correct. The only argument left is that this sort of behaviour by an airline is in contravention to the Equal Opportunities Act. Employers should not be allowed (by law) to discriminate against "experienced" pilots or groups of employees which are deemed less inFLEXible simply because of knowing their salary, family and stability requirements.

If this mass exploitation of workers was taking place in the British construction industry (where apprentices are in the many already), they'd be Panorama documentaries with all the daily rags up in arms.

We would expect our only real voice, BLPA, to address this matter and put it infront of labour law chiefs but the truth as quite obviously apparent is that BLPA would rather campaign for issues that affect a tiny minority of already well fed and paid pilots.