PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CC industrial relations (current airline staff only)
Old 9th Oct 2010, 17:53
Wobbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As it is today, they don't want any of us on their new fleet because they don't want it to be contaminated. This is the sort of management we are dealing with and their actual view of us. Charming, hey?
Miss M - Have a read below and see if you can guess why BA may not want some 'legacy' crew 'contaminating' (in your words) Mixed Fleet

Personally I will strike go on strike for as long as it takes as some of us care about out future and will not accept this behaviour from our excuse to an LT.
I'm sceptical to information presented by BA as they sometimes tend to twist things to their own advantage.
A threat of a possible strike in the future will always have an affect on forward bookings. It's one of our strongest weapon. BA might be able to depart 100% of all WW flights should a strike occur. Customers however will not get what they are paying for
Self importance? Of course. We are the reason as to why BA was once the world's favourite airline.
I still believe going on strike was the right decision and I won't hestitate a second to go on another strike should we vote for it.
We still have power. Even if we vote for another strike it will affect the business regardless of BA promising to operate a full 100% longhaul schedule
Don't be mislead by this company
Don't ever believe that you did yourself, or this company, a favour for not going on strike.
We want some sort of control of Mixed Fleet
I'm finding it very difficult to be saying that BA employees who either crossed the picket line or trained to break our strike are my colleagues. I find their behaviour to be despicable