PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 8th Oct 2010, 09:14
Rhayader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having read both threads more or less from the start there is one thing that concerns me as SLF.

With all the bile and invective being thrown about between strikers, non-strikers, VCC and in some cases the flight deck; how is this impacting on your work performance? I do not mean the hot towels or the meal service but more the safety critical aspects of your duties. Before I get jumped on with comments such as 'I/we/they would not be so un-professional to let that affect my performance', I will tell you that it does impact on your actions and in the vast majority of cases you are not conscious of it.

In my experience of assessing competance and managing traincrew I have had to remove from safety critical duties a number of staff who thought they were performing well but had underlying issues (financial, personal and colleague related among others) that was having a detrimental, or I thought could have detrimental effect, on the safety of the customers in the event of an incident.

Are measures put in place to ensure that the acrimony displayed on these boards and on picket lines is not carried over into the cabin?