PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 225 sqdn sarawak 1965
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2010, 12:02
IMB14223

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
225 Squadron RAF Kucning

Hello, This is the first time I've bothered to become involved in nostalgia but after reading some of the posts I believe I may be able to put you in the picture regarding 225 1964/65. from an erks point of view. I'll record a brief summary of my situation and If you or any readers think I may be of further assistance I will help where I can. I was posted to 225 in August 1964 to replace the lads who had gone out originally from RAF Odiham. I had been in the RAF for two and a half years and my only practical experience of aircraft maintenance was on the Shackleton Mk 2 I had never seen a Whirlwind before I arrived on the squadron. I was in theatre for 375 days and my time was spent at Simmangang and Lundu I remember the accident though being away from Kuching information was second hand. The technical and recording aspects of the accident I do not fully recall but the circumstances do not surprise me. During part of my time at Kuching I worked on my own in the "Hangar" The entire squadron trade strength was1 SNCO 1Cpl 1J/T and myself an SAC. The Cpl oversigned all of my work on his way to the mess at cease work, very very little was checked. Look forward to hearing from you must rush IMB