PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways - The Fact Thread
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2010, 08:42
Dani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiger Airways - The Fact Thread

After the thread about Tiger Airways Singapore has been closed, there is sadly no platform for factual information about it anymore. I'm willing to inform.

Let me state first that I'm not from Tiger, that I have very good ties to some of their pilots and that I flew for them a few years ago.

1. Recruitment of FOs:

No, at the moment they don't want FOs. They need Captains, rated, current, under the known conditions.

2. Singaporian License conversion
You need to have a valid license, this will be checked thoroughly. Mostly you need a confirmation letter from your country's air authority confirming that everything is in order. You need to proof that you have done the "human performance" chapter in your ATPL course. In SIN you need to sit in for two tests: Singapore Air Law and A320 theoretical technical knowledge. Tiger will support you in learning for this tests.

Please don't send me PMs, because I cannot respond to them all. Should you need to know more, you can ask your question here and I or others will try to answer. Moderators, please don't kill such threads, because this is not helpful, better suspend those lousy posters (you have done it with me for much weaker reasons!) and delete their posts.

Cheers,
Dani