PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nick Xenophon - The most important person in the future of Australian Aviation
Old 4th Oct 2010, 21:25
Propjet88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A37575

I agree with many of the facts you state but I'm not sure that they apply to this argument. For example, the proposed 1500 hours experience for airline F/Os is just 1500 hours - not 1500 command time. The US Senate Bill does not specify any command time. There are many types of multi - crew ops that are not Part 121 or Part 135 and lots of single crew ops that may not be exactly relevant. e.g. 1500 hours in Dad's C172.

Just a quick correction. The points you make regarding White / Green card IR holders are correct in essence except that the instrument rating tolerances were broader for a White Card than a Green. I remember, for example that the Green Card speeds had to be +/- 5 kts and altitude +/- 50ft, as opposed to the +/- 10kts and +/- 100ft for a White. So it was about competence (as well as the 500 Hours PIC). You are right that single pilot ops had increased minima - however, co-pilots with a White Card flew to the Captain's minima.

Perhaps a relevant question remains as to why the RAAF moved away from the experience requirements to one which is purely competency based? Also, is there anyone on the forum that can advise the minimum flying experience for co-pilots on Ronny's 737's that fly the Prime Minister and Cabinet around?

Fly safe
PJ

Last edited by Propjet88; 4th Oct 2010 at 21:38.