PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2010, 21:16
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chug
<<... in my opinion you do those who have posted here over the years a grave injustice.>>
Hardly compares to the injustice to the crew, the passengers, and the British public if I am right.
What you don't appreciate is that I, too, hope I'm wrong - the implications would be very serious, not nice at all - but there is enough to support an activity that could have been wilfully interfered with and so the full details of any other activity they may have been tasked with needs to be brought to the attention of any new inquiry - we really need eliminate the possibility of wilful action by a third party.
Any experienced pilot, especially familiar with the area, when looking back through the transcripts of the previous inquiries would surely recognise the inadequacy of the descriptions of the weather, the planning, the function of equipments and their use, the significance of instrument settings as found, etc.
Indeed, if any of you looks back through these transcripts, you would be reminded of the disgraceful attempts to paint the pilots as cowboys.
So perhaps you all (not just the regular posters) should reflect on getting some decent background material into the next inquiry - the non flying, non technical legal types need something better than the omissions and obfuscation that the RAF has given them in the past.