PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Tiger Tales
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2010, 14:34
DrPepz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this off the Far East forum

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far...1-tiger-6.html

I've heard "rumours" that Tiger is in some kind of trouble with CAAS with their recently recruited pilots from around the region. Apparently, their standards were found wanting. As a result Tiger has delayed line training for the 200-hour pilots they took in a few months back. Also they will not be taking in anymore 200-hour pilot for the rest of the year?

Can anyone confirm this? I'm a fresh 200-hour pilot and would like to apply for Tiger. No news from them so far.
and

cruisecruiser... I heard that too. I here that any job offer will only stand if CAAS will grant you a Singaporean licence and CAAS have stoppped giving them out to 200hr non CAAS Integrated people or forced Tiger to increase their requirements (whilst 1500hrs has always been the official requirement, I know of many who got in with a lot less - as low as 200 as you say).

Besides... online application says something to the effect that, 'don't expect to receive a reply if continuing with the online application whilst not meeting the hours requirements'.
and

The pilot shortage is definitely under control, with 15 departures out of 33 cancelled today... go Tiger!

Johnlenon forgot to mention oversized ops and training departments busy preparing for the new fleets, regulatory approvals received yesterday...

Cruisecruiser : get real!