PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 727 that Vanished: N844AA
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2010, 04:52
AVIACR3W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tim, I am glad to see this story coming to the surface again. I have been involved in many Africa ferry operations and have checked out a number of 727 serial numbers on the continent in an effort to locate 844. I personally believe that most of the evidence...or lack thereof, points to the likelihood of a crash into the ocean. Otherwise the airplane or some of it's parts would have likely surfaced by now. I have a personal and professional curiosity to know what happened. These convoluted deals and shady operations are more common than people realize...luckily for most of us it does not end so tragically.

I also do not find it strange that the US or any government would do much to investigate this. The drug angle is also a dead end as it does not fit the profile or time period of those operations. I was in email contact with Ben's brother several years ago and I know that family is definitely in need of some answers and closure. I hope that you are able to investigate more leads and find more media venues to tell this story. For what it's worth, my company is willing to pay a reward of $10,000 usd to anyone that can prove if Ben Padilla is dead or alive. Hopefully you have stirred up some renewed interest that will provide some new answers. -Bob Allen