PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS Aircraft Down In Dubai
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2010, 14:09
M-rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations there is a large section regulating the type a packaging required for Dangerous Goods, specific to their nature of hazard.

No need to re-invent the wheel.

Cargo Matatu... I disagree. From a logical point of view the IATA DGR is a dog's breakfast. It's burdensome because it is poorly written and so full of ambiguous, cross referenced mumbo jumbo and myriad exclusions so as to be pretty dangerous at least to my military mind. It needs a massive re-write by a trained, rational, and aviation oriented editor. It needs to be published in a user friendly format. It is a disgrace imho.

Also, thoughts for the general group here: it occurs to me that the EVAS system which is receiving lots of attention in these posts, (not unreasonably), would be useless in a situation where there was anything too hot nearby (in the SwissAir MD-11 crash 12 years ago, there was molten material dripping from overhead on to the flight crew) and this would presumably melt the clear 'bag' material forming the smoke free zone, rendering such a system useless.