PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2010, 20:01
PeteAndre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Not contradictory - sequential !

This discussion thread is irrelevant as the States of Guernsey are not selling Aurigny - I appologise for responding to the posts below!

The slots at Gatwick may not be under pressure at the moment, but left to a UK based (dominant) domestic operator (cf BA Express, Air UK and BEA in the past) with profit (rightly so in their cases) - they did not have the interest of the island of Guernsey as their "raison d'etre"). This must now be the case with FlyBE (I am resisting the the Fly... BE taunt) notwithstanding their roots as Jersey based Intra and JEA. The alocation of slots from Gatwick are bound to come under pressure to more pofitable routes with load factors in the 85-90% plus zones. Fare rises possible with no competition would inevitably lead to a "lack of demand" and an excuse to discontinue operations from Gatwick to a "third" London airport.

The statements made in my post are not mutally exclisive, merely sequential.

Judging by the posting history of the 2 posters below, both would seem to have the FlyBE marketing department interests at the root of their motivation, I fear I might have touched on a sensitive chord!

Finnally I would like to ask FlyBE to respect a basic business ethic that that in building up their own business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients and customers and true to myself.