PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK how much $$ are you saving while working there?
Old 13th Sep 2010, 12:58
Mango

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a747jb, I just want to clarify something regarding what you said.

Not ignorance at all, no worries. The 55 tonne rule at EK is referring to our new and revised fleet transfer and upgrade policy that they pulled out of thin air after the Melbourne tailstrike incident. What it says is that you must have 4000 hours of time in a jet over 55 tonnes for upgrade or 3000 hours of time in a jet over 55 tonnes to transfer to the A380 as an FO. The upgrade requirement, I guess I can understand that, but NOT the 380 transfer as an FO. What it essentially does is mean that anybody who did not fly a 737/A320 or bigger and is stuck until they get 3000 hours on the A330, and that, on this fleet, means a minimum of 4 years of having **** rosters and flying through the middle of the night on turn arounds to the subcontinent and middle east. The worst part is, is they are now forcing guys who don't want to go to the 380 to go, and keeping those of us who do want to go locked onto the fleet we don't want to be on, all because some little idiot that tops our management and has the initials AAR seemingly has a very small p...s and feels the need screw everyone around. Sorry for the last sentence, but this policy really pisses me off because it directly effects our quality of life here as I don't think there is anybody who won't agree with me that the A330 schedules are a nightmare! This was not policy when I got hired. Again, this is off topic again, but figured that the question should be answered.
If I join EK as an FO with almost 9000hrs TT and have 1900hrs a330 and 970hrs a320 I could most probably, going from the info I have read in this forum, be on the airbus fleet aka a330 and could possibly be also put on the a380 as I meet, almost, the 3000hrs above 55tons?