PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2010, 21:17
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you need a sensible discussion about a topic, there are much better forums with a higher proportion of people who know what they're talking about
Can you think of one for GA?

I know there are type specific forums, but most/all of them will be American and my experience of a few years on the Socata one (run by an ex Brit living in the USA) is that most European pilots cleared off it by about 2005 and the place is now dominated by a dozen Americans posting mostly banal stuff. Maybe the Cessna one is better; I believe you have to pay to access it.
The sad reality for the forum addicts is that there just isn't enough change happening in aviation to continually feed a 24 hour discussion.
That I agree with. However, it doesn't explain what I see as a significant decline over the past year or two.

Maybe there really is a strong economic factor, but why isn't pprune flooded with postings from homebuilders flying their 200kt machines on 10 litres/hr? They do have their forums but from what I recall there is almost nobody on there.