PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2010, 09:13
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post Flip. I have thought for some time, that you only need to focus on one aspect. Just as in Hercules XV 179 and Nimrod XV230, the Chinook on this fateful day, was not airworthy and not fit for purpose; case closed.

I have been re-reading the woeful case of Spot's Court Martial stitch up, WRT the crash of the two F15s, in which an attempt was made to fit him up. Spot's QC, Mike Jones, elicited that none of the eyewitnesses had ever been interviewed by the RAF, USAF or any aircraft accident investigator. They had all made statements to the Grampian Police and all authorities were aware of the existence of such statements.

The RAF Board of Inquiry also knew of the existence of the statements and chose not to pursue the evidence through interview. One can only presume this was deliberate.

Richard Dawson, president of the Guild of Air Traffic Control Officers (Gatco), said outside the court: "The prosecution did not present the evidence that was available. Had that evidence been used by the prosecution from the outset, there is every likelihood that this court martial would never have taken place."

I look forward to justice finally being served in the case of ZD576. I also look forward to Wratten giving his evidence, hopefully, in person and explaining why the lack of airworthiness was overlooked in favour of laying all blame on the pilots. Let's hope there will be a public hearing..

Last edited by nigegilb; 11th Sep 2010 at 09:56.