PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS Aircraft Down In Dubai
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 18:13
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning pride uniform

Guppy..

You are spot on in regards to the need for overhaul etc. My reasons again for not allowing CC to be your Paramedic NOR FF. They can't sit and babysit the scene until the a/c lands. But can you train an FE or jump seating pilot to be the FF in command in the a/c at time ? What if you want to dump the cabin ? Will depressurization put out all fires ? But can a FF survive even with SCBA or MSA in that event ? No. Can AFFF polar solvents work inflight? I know that is more fuel related. What about organic solvents ? They work against corrosion ie.. laurel alcohol. I am not certified in AC FF so i just wonder if a FF is put on board, what is the best recourse ? At least they would be the eyes in the cabin and the professional to handle such emergencies as the crew are there trying to do what is the most important function in an emergency, get the a/c on the ground. I am sure you agree that there are alot of FF's and PM's that would be on " watch" in lieu of free travel for volunteering 8 hours or 16 hours a month.