PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 21:05
Pilot DAR

Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
out of farm strips, with no insurance, no c of a, lapsed licences and no medicals because they are sick of it all and you can get away with it, how will you ever get caught?? To many rules and people dont want to obide by any of them.
Hey, that's me! (except that I have insurance, a C of A, valid license, and medical (just passed this morning as a matter of fact)). While in Germany in July I saw one of those super bright high vis jackets, and fell in love with it! I bought it on the spot - not becasue my wife and kids are patrolling my aerodrome for safety and security, but because I need something brighter to wear for all the car accidents I attend as a volunteer firefighter. Those jackets are just beginning to catch on in Canada. Two years ago, people here thought they were gaudy (Hmmm, maybe we were ahead of the UK after all).

Yes, I made my own little entry point to the sky here at home, just go get away from all the airport rules - it worked!

Anyway, let me know if this pub meeting is planned, it would be great! I'm only an ocean away....