PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UPS Aircraft Down In Dubai
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2010, 19:51
skytrax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LongB, I agree. there is not much info at this moment therefore I suggest guys to take it easy with all sorts af assumptions. I read all sorts of stuff but there is not a single evidence yet of what happened apart from the fact that the crew declared emergency and there is a post on the previous page of the user meekg that witnesed on the ATC.

"After attempting a straight in approach for 12L and getting there high and fast they were suggested to try OMSJ on hdg 090 or make a 360°.
I am afraid they lost spacial orientation while trying to join a RH downwidn for 12L.
They seemed to be unable to see any flight instrument or radio in the cockpit and they continously asked for their altitude, speed, heading to ATC through the realy of other airplanes cause they could not see their own radio panel to swith to UAE Control or Dubai Tower."

Obivously they had a serious techincal problem but very little is known at this point so I suggest to not post all sorts of possible scenarios untill more is known.