PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2010, 16:57
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Litebulbs.......
I can't remember many teams overcoming a 3-0 half time deficit. Manure did it over Spurs some time ago.

Now whilst I don't particularly like Manure, they can be a class act. They were in that second half.

Er, I'm not sure that anyone has called bassa a class act in the last 2 years. Perhaps not ever............

A technical aside.
1. Only the Unite Exec can authorise any action which a court might decide to be industrial action. That's so that the TU is not taken to Court over "unofficial" IA. It's there to stop the nutters sacrificing Unite over their own disputes. (Any nutters - I'm not calling bassa nutters!!)
2. I do not know the wording, but in the Unite/Bassa world, whilst only Unite's Exec can authorise industrial action, Unite have to refer any deal which is supposed to end a dispute to a bassa body. Anyone know who speaks for bassa in that situation?

Balance............and my usual balancing comment............

BA gets the TUs that it deserves. BA "management" have trained bassa to act as it does consistently over 40 years. We should not expect people to change in one or two years when they have been trained differently for 40 years. Calling folk names doesn't change this!