PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 1st Sep 2010, 14:42
Tim8416

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of interesting facts or near facts on this post me thinks. My son and I have gone to Bristol Ground school and liked and the mighty Oxford and liked both, albiet that Oxford all seemed teeth. Have you done the day intro, all the girls and boys seemd to have had there teeth done as part of the cause, all big shinny smiles.

Anyway 45K is a lot better than £85k ++++ TRUST ME, it sounds a lot better, in these current times.

However looking at the theoretical facts, come 2014 more planes will be needed, China will have exploded and need more planes and planes means pilots.

This is about timing and whilst we did like Oxford, this old poor dog just felt well, couldn't this all be done for say £55K or £60k. The talk was very smooth and well polished and impressive but in the room was a potentile £4 million in fees. I do smooth and polished if I thought I could get that in a single day trust me.

Bristol Ground School was good with the approach of, we are here, we are the best and why the heck are you even thinking of anything else you muppet.

This is all about ' Give us a job' and as soon a possible. Some kids are lucky as parents have nearly got £85k or they have it or what ever. For others £45k is a massive amount to earn, to then pay and that makes for a highly dedicated student. Its your money and boy have you spilt blood to get it.

As a parent of one who wishes to fly modular is a sound business decision but I just don't know. Its all about the timing and 2014/15 looks a dam site better than today. For anybody coming out in the next 18 months modular has it for me but in 3 years, it will be a close call, very close.

Its just those dam teeth and all the dental work Oxford that my son will need that I am worried about