PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious Gulfstream incident in Kerry Ireland.
Old 31st Aug 2010, 17:02
NuName

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hawker750

I have operated out of Teterboro on several different registrations, both private and public transport. As you say "If I set up business with a G reg aircraft in Teterborough" no it would not be acceptable, let alone make anyone happy. But, it is perfectly acceptable to operate out of Teterboro on a private flight no matter what the registration. Being as the aircraft in question was VT reg it implies that it was on a private flight form India, is the VT reg a flag of convenience? There are many reasons why private jets are put on various registrations, the ease of finding crew and being able to validate a ICAO licence is one of them, another is ceratainly a more user friendly system. If you are so opposed to the ability of owners to choose their registration authority, get on to the authorities and voice your concerns to them, I am sure they will recognise imediately that your knowledge and experience far outweighs theirs and they will change their way of do things forthwith. Until such time as you have achieved this you might allow others, who have as much right as anybody else to avail themselves of available legislation, to get on with what they are doing without being maligned by such rhetoric. The M, VPs, & N are run by competant authorities, not by incompetant and uncaring idiots.