PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 30th Aug 2010, 06:49
Aitch812

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning everyone,

Just joined the site as a prospective pilot/wannabe. I was seriously considering an integrated course but having read a lot of the threads on this chat modular definitely seems the way ahead. The cost is obviously drastically lower than an integrated course and it seems the only benefit from taking that route is that they put you in touch with airlines at the end of it. 30 grand seems a high price to pay for a job interview!! I just have a couple of questions and if anyone can answer them I'd be grateful.

1. If I was to go down the modular route is it worth funding my own type rating on, say, a 737 and then approaching an airline?

2. Another problem I have noticed is the difficulty getting a job due to lack of hours...is it worth spending the extra money and time hours building and approaching an airline with 300 or 400 hours under my belt?

If these questions are blatantly obvious to some, forgive the naivety, I am just trying to find out how to best plan to get ahead once I start down this road. Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give.