PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2010, 12:08
bearfoil

JD-EE

I think you may have it. Your exuberant description of the final radian missing from a "too low" Loop, is spectacular. Also chilling. I don't know if you know, but I believe that is what people think happened at Perpignan. In there also was the thought that the a/c may have been "protecting" her feathers at great risk of striking the water's surface (careful boys, too much alpha). Not her fault, the pilots lost the plot and did her in.

henra

A gracious good morning to you. My first model was the one I described from 12 to 15 feet. I am enlarging it, (roughly doubling it). The scale and shape is typical of me, wasting time making it perfect, when the proposal is not deserving of the time. If I painted it in her colors, and you squinted from ten feet...... Well, I am basically laminating more heavy paper on top of the smaller version, waste not want not.

If it gets to hot wire and foam blank, and the shape, 'feel' is correct, I may get some sprayable EPON and Carbon and make a knee board for the son. I'll need my Patissier (apron) version, if I end up cooking the sucker. (Why?).

Seriously, so far the model is too perfect, I don't see how it could represent what I propose may have happened to the VS. The weight may be too heavy at the bottom, I think cg is probably 25% off the bottom, and too far back from the LE. That makes it lean back at the top, and behave even more perfectly. There must be something wrong. If I move the cg forward and up, the bottom front corner would strike the surface, (at this stage gravel) and replicate the bent upward ribs, and the failed Resin LE.

Bear