PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2010, 07:30
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MPN11
Hi, Litebulbs ... that's a fair comment. "Support for those sacked or suspended pending investigation".

Innocent until proven guilty ... a noble ideal.

Oh, hang on, some have been found guilty, haven't they?
Where does Mr Christakis Lambrou fit into that noble ideal?
Is he sacked, or simply suspended for evading Customs duty on a reasonably large scale? Or neither of the above?
Still, he should obviously be supported as well ... perhaps with a cloud of tobacco smoke at the MAN Memorial?

You are absolutely correct in one respect ...
I don't think his sacking had anything to do with IA do you?
Regarding the yellow memorial idea....Well someone obviously is not thinking. Then again that seems to be endemic at BASSA at the moment.
What I find amusing is that they are not getting any 'Guidance' from full time officials. Or they are in a position to ignore it. The whole set up seems to work in a totally different way from any other Union organisation I've been involved with....The usual checks and balances seem to be circumvented.
I don't know enough detail of the disciplinary charges/circumstances to pass comment on the individual cases, especially before they have been through due process. However, like Lightbulbs, I do think that showing support is a legitimate form of action. The format of that action needs a lot more thought in this case.....