PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2010, 14:21
dan_vector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Class 2 Medical Vision issue

Hi Guys,

I'm in the beginning stages of my PPL(A) licence and have just been to my Class 2 Medical.

I passed all elements of the medical with flying colours except for one part of the vision assessment . As I wear spectacles and have astigmatism.

My Prescription shows that I have a 3.50 astigmatism (cylinder) in my left eye which is fully correctable (and has not changed in over 10 years). My right eye is within limits with or without correction. I was informed by the AME that the limit for Class 2 is 3.00 for astigmatic applicants. My corrected vision is 6/5 both eyes.

She did not issue the Class 2 and referred the application to the CAA for further investigation.

My question is guys do you think the CAA will issue me with a Class 2 to allow me to continue flying and obtain a PPL(A). I have no intention (!) of continuing to CPL etc which requires a Class 1 as I am clearly well outside of the Class 1 limit (and have accepted that..)

I will be extemely disappointed to not be granted a class 2.... so any good news will be greatly recieved

Regards,
Dan.