PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2010, 07:26
Inspector Clueless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reg Levy & Cliff Nemo

Fellow Pruners-Ive just returned from a very long trip around the world spending too much time out of email contact and have missed the very sad news of Reg Levy departing the circuit forever. The Teleg did Reg proud though,a fantastic obit to honour a wonderful man and career.

I had the distinct honour to meet Reg earlier this year in Dover at his flat via this thread and he was such a total delight,I spent some time just listening to his exploits and viewing his logbooks which were so understated.
Reg was truly a gentleman and a total aviation person-he was lucid,amusing but also very,very astute and very aware of the future and his failing health but he still wore his jacket to depart the building for a stroll. It was very obvious that he missed his beloved wife and he spoke in glowing terms with truly warm affection his loss was palpable. But he was a man of science and realised that he had led a great life after surviving WW2 and the hijacking in his airline life.He truly was a breed apart with flying experiences way beyond my very dull airline career in comparison-yet he took a genuine interest in learning about the Airbus FBW aircraft and airline flying today and I left him a book and CDs which he read with his aviation interest still active.

He waxed lyrical over flying the Mosquito,Halifax,B707 but he loved the B747 with Sabena-what an amazing career and he knew it too.

Peter-like so many here,your father gave us much pleasure and it was a real honour to have met him albeit briefly he made a big impact,he was also immensly proud of his family.

Cliff please keep the memories coming for us from WW2 and Robsack a warm welcome to this thread,you will find a willing audience.

Reg we will miss you.

Regards,IC