PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 19:15
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roland P,

Thanks for that.

I agree there's waste in the NHS; for example each hospital bed seems like it was designed by Brunel on drugs !

However if there's a place to chop it would seem to be the admin', it sure as hell isn't those 'at the coalface'.

It's a twisted society when footballer prats are paid mega-bucks a week, and nurses get a pittance...

Back to aeroplanes, I agree that the attractive thing about going for 'cat n' trap' is it would also allow the use of Hawkeyes, but in the current financial climate I can't see any increased cost on the carriers being approved by shiny-seated polticians.

A long time ago a televised 'Gringold Report' reckoned the Sea King AEW was pushing our luck, but unless we go for something like the V-22 ( which aint' gonna happen ) we seem stuck with just upgrading it.

The F-35 is a wonderful bit of kit ( they've probably on purpose let slip a few slightly mind boggling details which I would have thought secret ) - but it's a matter of budget.

I think there might be a slim chance for Harrier II+ as it would have commonality with JFH ( if that survives ! ) and see to immediate needs, but there's no way in hell we'd ever get F-18E etc, better if spending serious money to proceed with F-35B; but that's worth several politicians & bankers' pay.