PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic flight progress strips....what system is the best
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 09:56
Tarq57

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SimGod
Question: Do you really have overhead lighting ON in your tower at night? How do you see outside?
We have directional lighting overhead, in a tube w/ halogen spots, that illuminates just the workstation area. Including (unfortunately) the EFS tablets.
There are also overhead lights in the ceiling, that are long life (fluoro) bulbs, that personally I don't have on at night time, and mini LED spots low by each workstation. Like a lot of LEDs, these are intense, so I usually have them on the red colour only.

Powered light filters on the windows? Are you kidding? That would cost money, even if there was someone in NZ that make them.
The windows are tinted.

I doubt that Auckland gets more sunshine, or at least, more intense sunshine than Wellington. The air is clearer down here. Less ozone, too.

Interesting that we are told the AA controllers like EFS. We were told the CH controllers like them, too. But the reality is that some actually don't. There might be a few controllers in WN that like them; I sure don't speak for everyone.