PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic flight progress strips....what system is the best
Old 23rd Aug 2010, 05:38
SimGod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tarq57, It sounds to me that your EFPS installation was deemed to be a stand alone system that was not properly thought out, as you hinted at, there is more to it than just putting a couple of screens in.

I am aware that towers are generally 360 but installing powered light filters on each window would resolve your dusk/dawn issue. (no vampire jokes please)

Question: Do you really have overhead lighting ON in your tower at night? How do you see outside?

The larger concern is the hardware you describe, sounds like a generation 1 system from the early 90's, I am confident a mid-life upgrade of the panel technology would make your interaction painless. Hell, even my kid's bedroom PC doesn't suffer from those issues, and thats just a $1000 COTS gaming system with a 24 inch touch screen, with a half hours practice you dont need a mouse to interact with windows anymore, and retina scanning technology is on the horizon so it will get even better.

L/J Series : VAIO and Computing : Sony