PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic flight progress strips....what system is the best
Old 22nd Aug 2010, 13:08
SimGod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not going to mention which suppliers we looked at, but we all know who the main players are. The systems were evaluated in simulated environments and then a winner was selected based on strict criteria defined in the tender process, just like all systems should be.

The aerodrome is in the top 5 busiest worldwide and is now using EFPS succesfully, however, and this is a big however, its almost exclusively IFR heavy traffic. I'm guessing Wellington has mixed IFR and VFR? Lights mixed with heavys? Which of course is a different animal....
The EFPS has integrated well, after some resistance of course, but the bigger picture, from the airport and airline operators viewpoint is the data generated from the EFPS system, and conversely the data feeding the EFPS which has improved the overall efficiency of the airport by a significant margin, which we projected in simulation and has now been proven in live operations.

The light levels varied, why is that of interest? This has not been an issue as far as I am aware.