PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The RAF had no nukes until the Early '60s
Old 18th Aug 2010, 10:31
RIHoward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Sultan and the Gavin Liar sub thread.

I do believe the mojority [sic] of posters to this thread have lost their reading glasses and are just imagining what is appearing in print on their pc screen.
Not averse to the odd derogatory remark yourself then Sultan? Only it's "the mojority [sic] of posters to this thread" that get it from you. Smack of Hypocrisy ?

I did post a link to a large print version of the document for those who'd lost their reading glasses.
http://zkt.blackfish.org.uk/XD864/images/Graphic.jpg

Yes Gavin Liar

I had given him the benefit of the doubt, thinking he didn't know any better, but your post Sultan puts things in a different light, your're saying that he was a wilful and professional liar.

Not really my kind of 'journalist' one who peddles lies and I don't care where he was educated or how you spell this liars name from now on I'll be calling him Gavin Liar O.K. Cambridge University taught him how to lie then? Cambridge University taught him how to know "what the public wanted to read"? Gavin Liar 'Journalist' and Mass Mind Reader! Cambridge University is quite some place if it teaches Mind Reading has Randi been informed? maybe it's a case for 'Sceptics in the Pub?'

he had a story to write for the Sunday Graphic and a family to feed
Sultan is now an apologist for Gavin Liar you know the Cambridge University educated mind reading professional liar. As illustrated in this piece of PURE PROPAGANDA

http://www.pprune.org/5875430-post67.html

student of modern literature.
Ha! don't make me laugh!

Generally 'Modern Literature' means literature from the Enlightenment to about the late Victorian period, as any student of modern literature should know!

Gavin Liar isn't included.

Literature in the sense Sultan means it here I think refers to written works especially those with superior or lasting merit.

Here's one that made me laugh, it's PG Wodehouse's backhanded 'compliment' of G. Liar's famous work.

The Wrong Side Of The Sky

PG Wodehouse, no less, proclaimed it
"Terrific: when better novels of suspense are written, lead me to them."
In other words there will be better novels of suspense written.
Lyall's niche in the thriller marketplace had all but disappeared by the time he returned with Spy's Honour, the first in a series of novels which were set against the background of the nascent British Secret Service in the years immediately before the first world war. These were a splendidly entertaining mix of early Ambler with a dash of Bulldog Drummond escapism.
Still it's bad to speak ill of the dead

Gavin Lyall | Books | The Guardian

Last edited by RIHoward; 18th Aug 2010 at 10:43.