PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best flying school to enroll in the philippines
Old 15th Aug 2010, 09:52
Rightwingheavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just to add on toffeebuenafe's post... are these jobs readily available in the market today (I mean in-demand)? Can these jobs pay for your investment in flight training?
in the long run it will. after getting the license, focus on building your multi-engine hours. some companies might let you fly/help you in building up those hours but no pay, until you meet their requirements. but then, those are precious multi time. you help them, they help you.

Will I do flight instructing or fish hauling or do any other pilot jobs out there?
if workload permits, do it. flight instructing alone can not be your bread and butter.

Are there enough opportunities to fill in certain pilot jobs in the Philippines?
im sure there are. it's all about asking or knowing the right person.

Can I recover the cost of my training with these jobs?
of course. but, it will definitely take some time.

Are the airlines hiring? Are the airlines particular with what flying school you come from?
there's no harm in giving your c.v. to all of them and updating it every now and then. they will look at the flying school for sure. they are also going to look at how you progressed, airports and airspaces you've been too, equipment you utilized etc.

hope i helped a bit

rwh