PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2010, 10:07
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Lotpax,
As a eurofleet Purser I find that it has made no difference to the passengers perspective. Crew I work with on both sides of the devide seem just as commited as ever to delivering good customer service.

It is very strange though because no one can talk about the dispute at work for fear of upsetting someone else. It's very hard to explain because I, as a non striker, feel unsettled if I am working with someone who has a baggage tag with XXXX on or is wearing a BASSA lanyard but it is not because anything is actually said, it is just because I know they think completely the oposite to me.

Often you go to say something and have to stop yourself because it would be a giveaway that you were a non striker. So it is more just an uncomfortable atmosphere between crew, than anything else. Everyone treading on eggshells because opinions are so polorized.

When you do fly and work with someone who you know has the same leaning as you it is a relief to be able to chat openly about it.

I think the service the passengers get is as good as it ever was and on Eurofleet I think in most cases it is good service.

I cannot speak for World Wide crew though as I don't know what it is like on their flights.