PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2010, 14:19
603DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on GR606 Guernsey-Gatwick on Tuesday, in the ATR G-COBO (neatly registered after my favourite island bay!). We were kept informed before departure that there would be a 30 minute delay due to weather conditions earlier, and I believed this, having seen the poor visibility for myself. Unlike previous experiences with another airline a few years back, who appeared to have a suspiciously frequent tendency to "go tech" with their BAE 146 aircraft when neither the Jersey nor the Guernsey service from Gatwick was anywhere near full, so they combined both sets of passengers on one aircraft flying first to Jersey, then back to Guernsey. Having been inconvenienced more than once in this way, I was not convinced of the veracity of their "explanations".

Incidentally, being aware of the rather fraught and uncertain situation regarding Aurigny/Blue Islands, I was quite pleased to note that the PA announcement on arrival was something like "We thank you for flying Aurigny, the islands' air service for 40 years, and we hope to be providing it into the future". A La Perchoine!!

Last edited by 603DX; 12th Aug 2010 at 16:05. Reason: Patois, not French!